Immerse yourself in the French language and culture while savoring the beauty of the French Alps.
You do not have to have any knowledge of French or mountaineering experience to sign up for this program.
All you need is a desire for adventure!
If you already speak French and would like to improve your skills you will have the opportunity to do so while exploring the mountains of Chamonix with bilingual licensed mountain guides.
Chamonix is nestled at the base of the French alps and is home to the highest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc. It has a rich climbing and mountaineering history where many world famous mountaineers and climbers have made their mark.
- Learning a language requires high repetition, both in listening and speaking the language.
This program will provide you with natural repetition in one of the world’s most beautiful classrooms, the French Alps.
Come and learn to speak French while you explore the Alps with licensed French mountain guides during the day, making learning French easy and fun.
Most of your days will begin and end with language and cultural lessons, but everyday is a learning opportunity with your guides.
Our guides will be trained to make it part of their job to teach and use French while safely guiding you in the mountains.
OUR LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAM
- For the beginning French speaker:
Our goal for you will be to successfully understand basic greetings, questions, and comments spoken in French by your guides. By the end of the program, you will be able to answer back and make basic comments in French, with ease. You will learn how to speak in the present tense and the simple past tense. An introduction to the future tense will also be provided.
- For the person whose taken several years of French in High School and/or University Level French:
We will develop a personalized plan to meet your language goals. Perhaps your goal will be to expand your vocabulary knowledge, use French expressions as the locals do, improve your ability to understand and discuss topics beyond basic conversations, or simply increase your confidence communicating in French.
OUR MOUNTAINEERING ADVENTURES
Our mountaineering adventures include rock climbing, glacier travel and hiking with one night in a high mountain hut (refuge).
- For the beginner climber: You will learn the basics of rock climbing and glacier travel with very attentive, professional and licensed guides who have many years of experience safely guiding individuals in the mountains. They will teach you all that you need to know to feel the excitement of exploring glaciers and ascending a rock wall safely.
- For the intermediate to the advanced climbers: Let us know what kind of experiences you have had so far. Our guides will give you pointers to be able to improve your climbing skills. They may challenge you to climb routes a grade above what you normally climb, learn to lead climb, or you may want to just sample the many wonderful routes we have to offer in Chamonix.